Level Access helps companies design and enhance their digital systems - including web sites, web applications, software, hardware, and services - so they are usable by people with disabilities. In the same way that buildings must conform to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), modern web sites and applications must be accessible to people with disabilities or face legal liability. Level Access allows organizations to address these risks and provide equal access through software, training, and consulting solutions. As a company we seek to both do well financially and create a world where all users have access to digital systems.
Level Access is looking for a talented, driven QA Analyst to improve software quality and drive testing definition in a fast-paced, agile development environment. As the QA Analyst you would be part of a team working on a suite of enterprise B2B products that help companies identify and resolve accessibility concerns in their digital systems. The QA Analyst will work under the direction of the QA Manager to:
- Review and analyze user stories to create test cases and scenarios based on the acceptance criteria defined for new features and products.
- Execute test cases and report defects, documenting all details including environment and steps to reproduce, in JIRA.
- Co-ordinate with the Scrum team to replicate defects, monitor them and verify their fixes when implemented.
- Perform system integration, functional and performance testing of Web-based Application.
- Perform regression testing for patches and new releases.
- Perform Smoke tests to validate customer implementations of the software.
- Communicate test results, issues and updates to the QA Manager regularly to keep the Scrum team up-to-date on testing progress.
- Maintain and update the Test cases to reflect software updates
- Participate in SCRUM Team meetings, including grooming and planning meetings.
- Review and verify defects reported daily by the offshore QA team and work with product management to prioritize these defects for development.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of QA experience designing test plans, developing test cases, and hands-on testing for B2B products
- Experience and solid understanding of web application testing
- Basic SQL to retrieve and verify data
- Ability to collaborate with other team members across multiple timezones and work in a fast-paced agile environment utilizing Kanban and Scrum best practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication, and time management skills
- Ability to work both independently or as part of a team
- Experience with accessibility and assistive technology testing is a plus
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a full-time, salaried position with a competitive benefits package. It is being offered in the Vienna, VA office.
Level Access is committed to workforce diversity. Equal Opportunity Employer. Copyright 2017, Level Access. All rights reserved.