Level Access helps companies design and enhance their digital systems - including web sites, web applications, software, hardware, and services - so they are usable by people with disabilities. In the same way that buildings must conform to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), modern web sites and applications must be accessible to people with disabilities or face legal liability. Level Access allows organizations to address these risks and provide equal access through software, training, and consulting solutions. As a company we seek to both do well financially and create a world where all users have access to digital systems.
Level Access has an immediate opening for a Technical Product Manager (TPM). The Technical Product Manager will be responsible for defining and delivering key product features for the Accessibility Management Platform (AMP) product platform, including AMP for Mobile, AMP for Chrome, AMP for Firefox, AMP for IE, Alchemy, Level Access University and various integration products. The TPM will work closely with sales, services, support, development and product teams to gather business requirements and provide direction, guidance and support on the development, delivery, support and sales of the product.
This role requires in-depth product knowledge and an understanding of the technical and functional aspects of the platform. The right candidate:
- Thrives in a fast-paced agile product development team.
- Can translate customer business requirements into software features and detailed technical requirements
- Multi-tasks effectively, efficiently juggling the demands of supporting the scrum team with product definition and business functions
- Work closely with all members of the SCRUM teams -- UX designers, developers and QA Analysts -- to ensure that new features are developed and delivered with a high quality, user-friendly experience
- Engage with clients in person and virtually to understand customer challenges and needs
- Translate customer challenges and needs into clear and concise business requirements
- Write detailed functional requirements specifications and breaks them down into epics and user stories in Jira
- Manage the SCRUM team processes and meetings, including grooming and planning sessions
- Maintain the Product Backlog
- Work with the VP of Product to define the product roadmap and ensure releases are tracking against product goals defined in the roadmap
- Manage the delivery of product releases to customers, including writing release notes, developing training materials, and training internal stakeholders on the product updates
- Support sales calls as needed and assist the product support team as a subject matter expert and in scheduling customer-found defects for remediation
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in agile product development and business analysis, or equivalent
- Experience with the management of a business-to-business enterprise focused, SaaS deployed product
- Demonstrated history of effective business analysis and requirements specification with a portfolio of work samples
- Ability to understand highly technical subject matter and to communicate about that subject matter to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well collaboratively
- An understanding of accessibility, including knowledge of Section 508, WCAG and other accessibility laws and standards is preferred
- Mobile application experience is preferred
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a full-time, salaried position with a competitive benefits package. It is being offered in the Vienna, VA office. For immediate consideration please submit your resume and cover letter. If it looks like your experience is a match for us we will request you to submit three work samples that demonstrate writing and requirements specification skills, such as functional requirements specifications, release notes or product documentation.
Level Access is committed to workforce diversity. Equal Opportunity Employer. Copyright 2017, Level Access. All rights reserved.